Types of usernames
- The username must be unique to each BOFA user.
- No two people can have the same username. i.e. a parent and a child cannot log on using the same username.
- We automatically generate a pupil for each new parent or school account. We strongly suggest that you change the username and set a password for this pupil as soon as possible
You have two options for a username:
- use your own email address
- simple to remember
- you can use the " Forgotten your password? " link to have a new password sent to you
- Create a unique non-email address username
- useful for children who don't have their own email address
- useful for schools to set up lots of pupils at the same time
- example: Andy999
Forgotten your username
If you are a pupil you can ask your parent or teacher to find this from their account
If your username is an email address, the quickest option is to go to the " Forgotten your password? " link and enter each of your email address one at a time. The one you are using will have been sent an email with a new password.
Forgotten your password
If you are a pupil you can ask your parent or teacher to re-enter this i their account
If your username is an email address, the quickest option is to go to the " Forgotten your password? " . You will then be sent an email with a new password.
A parent my not set up their child with the same email address which they have used to register with BOFA. If the pupil doesn’t have an email address then we recommend that you set them up with another relative’s address or set them up with their own email account.
If this is not possible you can use a unique username. The disadvantage here is that the pupil will need the parent to reset their password if they forget.
It is possible to have usernames which are not email addresses but we advise you to use an email address whenever possible. It has been found that pupils will use the excuse, “I have forgotten my password.” Which is not an issue with an email address as all email address users can reset their password using the “ Forgotten your password? ” link.
Good examples of usernames are: baines1234, andrew234 etc.
Bad examples of usernames are: baines, andrew etc.