BOFA11plus.com has independently compiled this page for you, using information gathered from the Local Authority and respective schools. We try to keep it as accurate as possible and welcome any feedback if you spot any errors.
We hope you find this service useful.
Mr Colin Hilton
Executive Director, Education and Lifelong Learning Service, Liverpool City Council, Lewis Building, 4th Floor, 4 Renshaw Str, Liverpool, L1 4NX
Telephone: 0151 233 3006
Fax: 0151 233 3029
Liverpool Grammar Schools
- At the time of preparation, the Governors of The Liverpool Blue Coat School believe that all the information given below is both accurate and relevant. This information is based upon procedures and patterns currently in use, but it should not be assumed by any person that there would be no change affecting the relevant arrangements detailed here, in subsequent years.
- The Liverpool Blue Coat School is a Non Denominational Voluntary Aided Selective Secondary School. It is a four-form entry school, which admits 120 students normally aged 11+ (4x30) into the four Year 7 Forms each September irrespective of gender.
- According to the School's Articles of Government, the arrangements for the admission of students to the School shall be determined by the Governing Body in line with relevant legislation.
- The Liverpool Blue Coat School participates in the Liverpool Local Education Authority Equal Preference co-ordinated admission arrangements and therefore it is necessary for applicants to complete both a Liverpool LEA preference form and a School application form.
Admission Arrangements - Year 7
Thursday 5th July 2012
Open Evening 6.00pm – 8.30pm Application Process commences
Friday 6thJuly 2012
Application Packs available to collect from The School Office from 2.00pm, and can be downloaded from the School Website after 4.30pm
Friday 14th September 2012
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms
Saturday 29th September 2012
Tuesday 9th October 2012
Reserve Entrance Examination
Wednesday 17th October 2012
Examination results sent to parents
Wednesday 31st October 2012
Closing date for submission of Local Authority preference form
Friday 1st March 2013
Local Authority allocation letter posted to parents
- Applications for admission to the school are invited from parents whose children will be in the final year of their Primary School Education (Year 6) prior to secondary transfer. Such parents are welcome to attend the School's Open Evening in the July preceding their child's entry into their final year in the Primary School.
- Parents must write to the Headteacher of The Liverpool Blue Coat School requesting a Blue Coat Application Form, which will be available after the Open Evening and this Application Form must be completed and returned directly to the School by Friday 16 September 2011.
- Parents must also place the Blue Coat School as a preference on the preference form/common application form issued by their Home Education Authority. This preference form must be returned to the Home Education Authority.
- The Liverpool Blue Coat School will only support changes to the preference form if there has been a material change to circumstances e.g a medical condition. However, all requests will be considered by the Admissions Committee, which must be submitted fourteen clear days prior to the published national offer date.
- The 120 places will be filled by those students who achieve the highest aggregate score in the entrance tests, and who additionally meet their Home Education Authority's preference criteria.
- Entrance tests will consist of a Mathematics Test, English Test and a Non-Verbal Reasoning Test. You can use BOFA 11+ to help prepare for the exam:
- Should there be a tie for last place(s) available the mark scored on the Non-Verbal Reasoning test will determine the result. If still a tie the English mark will be the tie breaker. However, should there be a student in the care of the Local Authority involved in the original tie this student will take overall preference.
- The school will endeavour to ensure that parents are informed of the outcome of the entrance test before the final submission date for the preference forms for the Liverpool Local Authority.
- The Governors will publish to the Local Authority the results of the admission procedure. The offer of a place at The Liverpool Blue Coat School will come from the Local Education Authority, who will make the offer on behalf of the Governing Body.