Have you seen the new BOFA video yet?
All comments appreciated!
BOFA11plus.com has independently compiled this page for you, using information gathered from the Local Authority and respective schools. We try to keep it as accurate as possible and welcome any feedback if you spot any errors.
We hope you find this service useful.
Dr Phil Norrey
Director of Education, Arts and Libraries, Devon County Council, County Hall, Exeter, EX2 4QG
Telephone: 01392 382059
Fax: 01392 382203
Devon Grammar Schools
The school is a State Co-educational Selective Grammar School. The school is a Trust School and therefore responsible for setting its own admission requirements and in common with state schools throughout the country, the school is part of a Co-ordinated Local Admission scheme; details are provided below.
BACKGROUND FOR 2012 ADMISSION
In 2007, National Statutory changes to Admission legislation was published. These changes mean that all school preferences expressed by parents must be given equal consideration.
Although there are minor variations in practise across the country, each Local Authority Area shares the following common features:
- A single application form covers application to all state secondary schools
- Parents can express at least 3 school preferences
- A child will receive only one offer of a school place
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY TO COLYTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Colyton Grammar School is a Selective Co-educational Trust School, responsible for its testing arrangements and admission criteria.
Any applicant achieving a qualified score on each test is automatically considered for entry. The Subjects are:
- Verbal Reasoning
You can use BOFA 11+ to help prepare for the exam:
Admission Arrangements - ENTRY SEPTEMBER 2012
HOW SHOULD APPLICATION BE MADE?
The scheme varies in different parts of the country and applicants from outside Devon and Dorset should obtain details from their local LA.
- The Common Application Form is available from the home Local Authority (application can also be made on-line).
- If you live in Devon (or if you are applying only to one or more schools in Devon, including Colyton Grammar School), then you should use a Devon LA Common Application Form. These forms are available from Devon LA, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter.
- If you live outside of Devon and will be applying to Colyton Grammar School and one or more schools in your local LA area, then you should obtain a Common Application Form from your home LA. The form should be returned to your home LA who will forward the relevant details to Colyton Grammar School and Devon LA.
- The Common Application Form should be returned to the relevant LA by the 16 October 2011, to ensure that details are forwarded in time for the child to be included in the test arrangements.
All applicants to Colyton Grammar School should also complete an application form to attend the Familiarisation/Practice Test day, which should be returned to Colyton Grammar School by post as soon as possible and not later than 16 October 2009.
|Friday 14 September 2012||
Final date for the return to Colyton Grammar School of the application form to attend practice tests
|Saturday 22 September 2012||Familiarisation and 11+ Preparation Exercises at the School 9am - 12.30pm|
|Saturday 6 October 2012||11+ Tests 9am - 12.30pm|